As President of the Wladyslaw Reymont Foundation, it is my honour to invite you to participate in the Foundation’s 50 year Anniversary event.
From the humble beginnings of the W. Reymont Foundation, its most important tasks were, and remain until today, to maintain and promote Polish culture in Canada, promote the national heritage among the Polish community, as well as to participate in the development of Canadian culture and constantly cooperate with Poland.
Over the 50 years of its existence, the Foundation has awarded over 1,000 academic scholarships, provided financial assistance to numerous schools, folk groups, choirs and Polish diaspora organizations. The Foundation created opportunities for thousands of children and youth from the Polish community abroad in Canada to participate in poetry recitation competitions, and organized trips for over thirty reciters to the National Recitation Competition in Poland.
Through the foundation’s initiatives in the 1970s, hundreds of students were able to go to summer courses to learn about Polish history and culture at universities in Poland. Wishing to commemorate this rich, half-century achievement, and to honour the memory of all generous donors, the Wladyslaw Reymont Foundation invites in 2020 to:
- May 31 – 50th Recitation Competition, RCL in Hamilton
- September 18 – 50. Scholarship Ceremony, SPK in Toronto
- September 19 – Harvest Festival, Branch 10 Polish Alliance of Canada in Brantford
- September 20 – Holy Thanksgiving Mass with the dedication of the Foundation’s banner, Maxymilian Kolbe Church in Mississauga
- September 20 – Jubilee Banquet, John Paul II Center in Mississauga
I look forward to the opportunity to showcase the vital role the Foundation has played, and continues to play, in the promotion of Polish culture in Canada.